Asian Cobb SaladCreated by Carol Kicinski Back to all recipes
- 1 cup San-J Gluten Free Tamari Sesame Dressing – use divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 – 4 depending on size)
- Kosher or fine sea salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 6 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 English (hot house) cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cilantro leaves
Servings: 4 as entrée, 6 as appetizer
Combine ½ cup San-J Gluten Free Tamari Sesame Dressing with the honey and place in a large plastic food storage bag. Add the chicken breasts, toss to coat and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 12 hours.
Remove chicken breast from the refrigerator and discard the marinade. Pat the breasts dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat the bottom of the pan with the oil. Add the chicken breasts; cook for 2 minutes or until golden browned, flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Cover the pan; lower the heat to medium and cook for another 4 – 8 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts. Let sit for 5 - 10 minutes then slice thinly.
Combine the Napa cabbage with the romaine and place in a layer on a large platter. Arrange the chicken slices, carrots, red pepper, green onions and cucumbers on top of the cabbage/lettuce mixture in rows. Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper, the sesame seeds and the remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.