Chilled Petite Winter Vegetables with Brown RiceCreated by San-J Back to all recipes
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 cup San-J Tamari Peanut Salad Dressing
Place the broccoli florets in a steamer basket in a deep saucepan. Add water and steam until tender-crisp, about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool. Place the peas, brown rice, green onions and carrots in a large mixing bowl. Add the cooled broccoli and toss the vegetables and rice to combine. Add the San-J Tamari Peanut Salad Dressing and toss again to fully incorporate the dressing with the vegetables.
Transfer the vegetables and rice to a serving platter and let stand, covered, for at least 1 hour or up to 2 hours to allow the flavors to marry. Add more San-J Tamari Peanut Salad Dressing at the table if you so desire.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.