Crunchy Chicken Peanut SaladCreated by Carol Kicinski Back to all recipes
- 1 head Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 small head red cabbage, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 English (hothouse) cucumber, julienned
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4 ounces snow peas, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 4 ounces mung bean vermicelli noodles
- cooking oil
- Kosher or fine sea salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups San-J Tamari Peanut Dressing
- 2 cups dry roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine the Napa cabbage, red cabbage, shredded chicken, carrots, green onions, cucumbers, carrots, snow peas, bean sprouts and cilantro in a very large mixing bowl.
Using your hands, gently pull the mung bean vermicelli noodles apart into smaller portions. Place some paper towels on 2 dinner plates. In a small skillet add an inch of cooking oil (the smaller the skillet, the less oil you need) and heat the oil until it ripples but does not smoke. Fry one small handful of noodles at a time until they puff up, about 5 seconds, flip over with tongs and fry the other side for a second or two. Remove from oil with tongs, place on the prepared plate and sprinkle with a little salt. Repeat until all the noodles are fried.
Add the San-J Tamari Peanut Dressing to the vegetable/chicken mixture and toss well to coat. Crumble the fried mung bean vermicelli noodles into the salad; add the peanuts, season with about a teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, toss again and serve.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.