Grilled Teriyaki VegetablesCreated by Carol Kicinski Back to all recipes
- 2 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup San-J Teriyaki Sauce plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 small red onions
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large orange bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 8 small campari or large cherry tomatoes
Soak 10 wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes. Preheat the grill to medium heat (350°F).
Put the sesame seeds and salt in a small, hot, dry skillet and toast over medium high heat until the seeds are lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
Combine the San-J Teriyaki Sauce and sesame oil.
Cut the onions into quarters. Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp towel. Cut the zucchini and squash in half lengthwise then cut into 8 evenly sized pieces about ¾ inch thick. Cut each pepper into 8 evenly sized pieces. Thread the vegetables on 8 of the skewers, alternating the vegetables. Thread the tomatoes on the remaining 2 skewers. Brush well with the Teriyaki/sesame oil sauce.
Brush the grates of the grill with oil. Cook the vegetable skewers 10 minutes with the lid to the barbeque closed as much as possible, turning and brushing with the sauce frequently. Put the tomato skewers on the grill and cook with the vegetables for about 5 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft but not falling off the skewers. The vegetables should be crisp tender with some grill marks on them, 15 – 20 minutes total. Brush each skewer with more sauce and sprinkle with the sesame seed/salt mixture. Serve one vegetable skewer and one tomato per person.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.