Szechuan Shrimp Stuffed PeppersCreated by Amie Valpone Back to all recipes
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled
- 1/4 cup San-J Szechuan Sauce
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, defrosted
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 4 large bell peppers, halved lengthwise and insides removed
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
Heat oven to 375° F.
Cook rice according to the package directions.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp; cook for 2 minutes or until opaque. Add San-J Szechuan Sauce, edamame, cumin, sea salt and pepper; mix well and cook for 5 more minutes.
Arrange the bell peppers, cut-side up, in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Divide the shrimp mixture among the bell peppers until each pepper is stuffed. Add 1/2 cup water to the baking dish and tightly cover the dish with foil. Bake until peppers are soft, approximately 35 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside for 5 minutes before serving. Top with diced avocado and green onions.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.