3 Ways to Save Time Cooking
April 21, 2020 • Posted in Cook,
It can be hard to find the time to sit down with your family for a healthy meal together, but with some organization and the right products, you don't have to feel pressured to compromise a nutritious meal for a quick meal.
We have three major cooking tips that'll revolutionize how quickly your next meal comes together.
1. Start a Meal Prep Plan
Perhaps the most time wasted in cooking is spent trying to decide what to eat! By determining a meal schedule in advance, you'll avoid the fuss and indecision later.
Meal prepping is a popular cooking trend these days for both convenience and portion control. Some home cooks find it helpful to prepare a few extra servings than needed. Those leftovers can go in airtight, reusable containers and stored inside the refrigerator or freezer for future, easy to reheat meals.
2. Stock Some Essential Cooking Gadgets
The right kitchen tools and appliances can shave minutes or hours off your prep time. Here are some must-haves for your kitchen:
- Electric pressure cookers: These programmable multi-cookers boil water and trap vapor for a constant temperature. You can have a healthy portion of steamed vegetables, meat or cooked rice in much less time. Clean-up afterward is simple too, so it's easy to see why more people swear by these appliances for faster food on the table.
- Slow cooker: Great for cooking tender meat and hearty soups and stews, these appliances steadily keep the temperature up even if you're away for a few hours. When everyone's together, you can serve a warm meal right into bowls or onto plates.
- Kitchen shears: A versatile pair of scissors can snip off animal fat or divide meats, so they cook faster. Kitchen shears also remove vegetable stems, then cut up leaves for quick salads.
- Food processor: This device might count as a knife, blender, pastry kneader, grinder and shredder in one. With it, you can crush nuts, make purees and whip up your own sauces. If you want an easy way to toss some ingredients together and combine them in a flash, this needs to be on your countertop.
- Mandoline slicer: Home cooks lose a lot of time handling knives, so mandoline slicers offer the perfect time-saving solution for cutting anything from veggies to fruit with an easy wrist motion. A good slicer has multiple settings for straight, julienne or waffle cuts and lets you adjust for a uniform thickness.
3. Mix in San-J's Asian Cooking Sauces
Cooking hacks don't have to be complicated or expensive. Not everyone has the time to chop up herbs and measure spices and powders, especially for recipes with long ingredient lists.
San-J simplifies the prep and brings delicious world flavors to your kitchen. Our Asian Cooking Sauces feature a perfect blend of rich Tamari Soy Sauce and a variety of Asian-inspired seasonings. If you want a convenient and authentic way to add a twist to your leftovers, or complete a stir fry, all it takes is splashes of San-J sauce to enhance the taste.
You can discover some easy-to-make recipes for your next meal here online. We hope you and your family enjoy sitting together at the table!