As a Machine Operator, you will be responsible for efficient, safe, and cooperative performance of the assigned tasks in the assigned department. This includes working with Managers and other Machine Operators in a cooperative, efficient manner to ensure the daily production schedules, all quality standards, Good Manufacturing Practices, Sanitation Standards, OSHA, SQF program is supported and that safe, quality food is produced, monitoring of HACCP critical limits and all Company Safety Standards are met and/or exceeded, while keeping safety a priority at all times.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers to ensure that daily schedules are met.
- Maintain quality requirements in accordance with company standards; accurately filling out inspection sheets, updating information forms and logs based on overall production quality.
- Monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality product and minimal unplanned stops.
- Performs quality checks as required to ensure quality and integrity of the final product.
- Reports all quality defect or issues/concerns communicating with Shift Team Lead any ongoing issues to be passed on to Maintenance or Quality Control.
- Meet and/or exceed all Good Manufacturing Practices and Sanitation Standards.
- Perform housekeeping duties, keeping area clean at all times, utilizing down time to clean in, around, and under all equipment.
- Understands and adheres to all OSHA and Company safety polices including safe lifting and safe machine operation. Identifies and reports all hazards to Shift Team Lead, and/or Production Supervisor, or Human Resources.
- Ability to work in all assigned areas of production; perform relief duties when required.
- Expected to act in a professional and courteous manner, cooperating with all employees and follow all Company Policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook or SOP’s.
- Work weekends, flexible hours, and scheduled days & scheduled over time.
- Report to work on time and have regular attendance.
- Other duties assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Employee must be able to:
- Read and follow directions, communicate orally and written word effectively
- Perform math at a high school level
- Lift 50 pounds using safe lifting practices
- Work in confined spaces
- Work in area lacking climate controls
- Work in an environment of high allergens (soy, wheat, peanut, sesame, and mustard)
- Perform duties while standing for extended periods of time
- Perform work while at a considerate height above operating floor
- Wear required PPE including hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe/anti slip shoes, hair and facial nets, gloves and company uniform
High school diploma, equivalent GED, or equivalent experience.
The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to constantly remain standing in a stationary position, reach with hand and arms, and use hands and fingers to: grasp, handle, feel, and operate or manipulate objects. The employee is required to frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds, walk, stand, climb, balance, stop, bend, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell. The employee is frequently required to reach above and below the shoulders. The employee is occasionally required to sit while operating forklift or using other machinery.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position is required to work in a food manufacturing environment facility. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to excessively loud. Employees will be exposed to machinery, heat, humidity, cold, and unpleasant odors. The facility can also be very wet at times. The work is fast-paced the majority of the time. Employees are expected to wear PPE and to abide by Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) at all times.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
San-J International is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.