The Warehouse Lead will assist with all daily warehouse operating tasks including but not limited to receiving, shipping, material handling, documentation, and inventory management. This position is also responsible for promoting a safe and productive work environment within all warehouse areas by developing and training team members as needed.
- Works with warehouse manager to prioritize the handling of the warehouse operations workload.
- Oversees and participates in the warehouse operations, prepares and completes orders for delivery or pickup per schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Guides the warehouse employees to meet the daily business demands through hands-on leadership.
- May be called upon to assist in all areas of warehouse (distribution warehouse, receiving warehouse)
- Accomplishes warehouse objectives by clearly communicating job expectations and also orienting, training, assigning, coaching, and counseling employees.
- Performs inventory controls and maintains accurate inventory by conducting physical counts; assists in reconciling variances.
- Assists in keeping warehouse equipment operating by troubleshooting breakdowns, recommending preventative maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment and optimizes warehouse space utilization by adhering to the warehouse operational standard and also recommends improvements where needed.
- Promotes food safety and quality awareness to team members and is committed to implementing safe practices and safety awareness throughout the organization.
- Has knowledge of and strictly adheres to allergen storage management throughout the warehouse.
- Reports any employee illness or injury and any suspicious activity or unusual incidences or behaviors to management.
- Follows all appropriate policies, safety procedures, OSHA requirements, and GMP requirements.
- Reports any damaged or worn equipment and/or parts to management.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Employee must be able to:
- Lift 50 pounds using safe lifting practices.
- Pass a forklift driving and safe usage exam
- Operate a sit down forklift, stand-up forklift, and pallet jack
- Basic arithmetic to include adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
- Computer literate, experienced with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Work weekends, some holidays, and overtime.
- Read and follow directions, communicate orally and written word effectively
- Work in confined spaces and in areas lacking climate controls
- Work in an environment of high allergens (soy, wheat, peanut, sesame, and mustard)
- Wear required PPE including hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe/anti slip shoes, hair and facial nets, gloves and company uniform and follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- High school diploma, equivalent GED, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years warehouse industry experience, ideally in a food manufacturing facility
- 2+ years in a leadership role/experience
- Driver’s License and safe driving record
The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to constantly remain standing in a stationary position, reach with hand and arms, and use hands and fingers to: grasp, handle, feel, and operate or manipulate objects. The employee is required to frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds, walk, stand, climb, balance, stop, bend, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell. The employee is frequently required to reach above and below the shoulders. The employee is occasionally required to sit while operating forklift or using other machinery.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position is required to work in a food manufacturing environment facility. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to excessively loud. Employees will be exposed to machinery, heat, humidity, cold, and unpleasant odors. The facility can also be very wet at times. The work is fast-paced the majority of the time. Employees are expected to wear PPE and to abide by Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) at all times.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
AT WILL STATEMENT:
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
San-J International is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.