Asian Green Tea BBQ Wild RiceCreated by Amie Valpone Back to all recipes
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 ½ cups brewed green tea, chilled
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh kale, chopped
- 1 ½ cups wild rice
- 3 cups apple cider
- 2 large plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup soy nuts
- 1/4 cup San-J Asian BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F. Plump the cranberries in brewed green tea for 30 minutes. Drain cranberries and set aside; transfer liquid to a large pot over medium heat. Add onions; cook until translucent. Add kale, cook for another 4 minutes.
In a large sauce pot, bring the wild rice and apple cider to a boil. Transfer mixture to a deep baking dish. Add onion mixture; mix well to combine. Bake in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes or until the rice absorbs all liquid. Remove from oven.
In a large serving bowl, gently toss cooked wild rice with cranberries. Add plum tomatoes, celery, olive oil, soy nuts, San-J Asian BBQ Sauce and pepper. Garnish with cilantro.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.