Mongolian BeefCreated by San-J Back to all recipes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 oz. beef skirt steaks or flank steaks, sliced at a slight diagonal, thinly across the grain
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or canola oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally, about 2 in. long
- 1/2 cup San-J Mongolian Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. toasted sesame oil (optional)
Place the cornstarch and flank steak in a sealed plastic bag and shake, evenly coating the beef with the cornstarch. Place the beef in a strainer and shake off excess corn starch.
Heat oil in a wok over high heat until the oil is very hot and just about to smoke. Add the beef in a single layer and sear the meat for about 1 minute, stirring to turn the meat about half way through. Add Mongolian Sauce and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring again. Add green onion and toss with the beef, about 15 seconds. Finish with toasted sesame oil if desired. Serve with cooked rice.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.