Szechuan Roasted Vegetables with Brown RiceCreated by Amie Valpone Back to all recipes
- 2/3 cup brown rice
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 large red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 4 Tbsp. canola oil, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup San-J Szechuan Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
Heat oven to 450° F.
Cook the rice according to the package directions. Then, set aside.
Meanwhile, toss broccoli, peppers and carrots with 2 Tbsp. canola oil; toss to combine. Then transfer to a baking sheet lined with tin foil; bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet and cook, covered for 2 minutes.
Remove roasted vegetables from the oven; toss with cooked rice, fresh spinach, San-J Szechuan Sauce, crushed red pepper, sesame seeds, sea salt and pepper. Top with cooked eggs and serve warm.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.