Avocado Tofu SaladCreated by Carol Kicinski Back to all recipes
- 1 pound silken tofu
- 2 medium Haas avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon San-J Tamari Lite 50% Less Sodium Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 small jalapeno peppers, seeded, deveined and minced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
Cut the tofu into cubes and place in a strainer. Let strain for 1 hour to remove all excess liquid or your salad will be watery.
Peel and seed the avocados, cut into cubes. Place in a mixing bowl, add the lime juice, and toss to coat. Add the drained tofu.
In a small bowl whisk together the San-J Tamari Lite 50% Less Sodium Gluten Free Soy Sauce, sesame oil, honey, and jalapeno and add to the avocado and tofu. Add the onions, cilantro and sesame seeds and toss gently to combine.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.