Baby Bok Choy with Hoisin Honey GlazeCreated by San-J Back to all recipes
- 4 tablespoons San-J Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tablespoons San-J Tamari
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian chili powder or chili flakes (we like Japanese ichimi togarashi)
- 1 pound baby bok choy
1. To make the Hoisin Honey Glaze, combine all ingredients (except bok choy) into a small sauce pan. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, until slightly thickened. 2. Wash and cut the baby bok choy lengthwise, into quarters (smaller baby bok choy can just be halved).
3. Preheat grill to medium. Place a long piece of tin foil (6" x 14") on grill. When grill is hot, brush the Hoisin Honey Glaze onto the stems only of the bok choy. Place the bok choy on the grill, resting the leaves on the tin foil. Grill for 3 minutes, covered. Rotate bok choy, brushing additional glaze, if needed. Spritz a little bit of water on the leaves of the bok choy. Cover grill again, and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Check the stems if they are tender. Rotate and brush again if needed. Spritz leaves again, if they are looking very dry.
4. When bok choy is cooked through, remove the tin foil. Brush leaves and stems with the glaze and let grill for just another minute, to let the leaves get the perfect amount of flame. 5. Just prior to serving, sprinkle a little more hot chili powder, if desired.