Chicken & Apple SkewersCreated by Carol Kicinski Back to all recipes
- 1/2 lb. chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 tsp Kosher of fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbs San-J Asian BBQ Sauce, plus more for serving, if desired
- 2 large apples, cored and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- juice of 1 lemon
Servings: Makes 6-8 skewers
Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
Place the chicken cubes in a small mixing bowl, add the salt, pepper and San-J Asian BBQ Sauce. Toss to coat. Place the chicken in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside. Let cool.
Toss the apples with the lemon juice.
Once the chicken has cooled, thread on small skewers, alternating with apple chunks.
If preparing the night before, wrap the skewers in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Serve with more San-J Asian BBQ Sauce on the side if desired
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.