Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Appetizer, Main Course
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 (10-ounce) bag spinach
- 1 tsp kosher salt plus more for brushing kimbap
- 3 cups cooked sushi rice
- 2 medium carrots cut into 1/8-inch matchsticks
- 1 English cucumber seeded and cut into 1/8-inch matchsticks
- 2 medium red bell peppers seeded and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 6 sheets nori
- 1/2 cup San-J No Soy Tamari
- 2 tsp Korean chili flakes
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally until wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
Season rice with 1 teaspoon of salt and sesame oil in a large bowl.
Set sushi rolling mat on clean work surface. Place 1 sheet of nori, shiny-side-down, on top of mat. Wet hands with water as necessary to prevent sticking and spread 1/2 cup of rice evenly over nori, leaving a 1-inch border at the top. Arrange 2 tablespoons of spinach, a few carrots, cucumbers and bell peppers across the center of the rice.
Roll the sushi mat up and away from you, using your fingers to hold the vegetables in place as you roll the nori. Pull the mat forward, rolling the nori and rice around the filling. Continue rolling until sealed. Brush rolls lightly with sesame oil.
Using a sharp knife, cut roll into 6 pieces. Continue with remaining nori, vegetables and rice.
Combine San-J No Soy Tamari and chili flakes in small bowl. Serve with kimbap and enjoy.
Tip: Nori is commonly sold as “gin” in Korean grocery stores.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
No Soy Tamari
– Soy Free & Gluten Free