Chicken Curry SaladCreated by San-J Back to all recipes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 tart apple, cored and chopped
- 6 green onions, finely sliced
- 3 celery ribs, finely sliced
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup almonds, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon San-J Gluten Free Tamari
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups red lettuce leaves, cleaned and drained
Add the dressing to the chicken mixture and blend well with a soft spatula. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 4 hours. To serve, arrange the red lettuce leaves on 6 individual salad plates. Spoon the chicken salad over the lettuce in equal portions. Chill for 30 minutes and serve.
Note: You may also prepare the salad and use it as a filling for pita pockets or other sturdy sandwich breads.