Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
Main Course, Side Dish, Dips & Snacks
Quick & Easy, Entertaining
- 3 cups Cooked quinoa
- 1 Cauliflower head chopped, steamed and drained
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Small onion finely minced
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs gluten free, if desired
- 1 cup San-J Orange Sauce divided in half
- 2 tablespoons Orange zest
- 2 tablespoons Sesame seeds
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame oil for cooking
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Extra orange zest for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°. Place half of the cauliflower along with the garlic, into the food processor and pulse for 5-10 seconds. Remove and pour cauliflower into a bowl before adding the second half of cauliflower to the food processor and repeating the process, removing and placing into the bowl. Stir quinoa, breadcrumbs, onion, zest, sesame seeds and half of the orange sauce together with the cauliflower. Add in the flour one tablespoon at a time until you have reached a sticky, meatball/falafel consistency.
Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to set. After
15 minutes, remove from refrigerator and, using your hands, form mixture into golf ball-sized balls or bite sized-fritters, placing each directly onto a large skillet.
Drizzle 1 tbsp of sesame oil on the skillet and then cook meatballs on medium-high heat, making sure to be careful when flipping them over, until they’re golden brown on all sides. Pour a small amount of the rest of the orange sauce overtop of each ball, making sure they all get covered with the sauce but you don’t want them to be soaked with sauce or else they will get soggy.
Remove balls from skillet and place on a baking sheet. Bake for approximately 15 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy!
*Don’t want to fry? Brush sesame oil over top and bake for 30-35 minutes until the balls are golden brown and firm on the outside, yet soft inside. Coat with orange glaze after cooled for 2 minutes.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
– Gluten Free