Baked Tofu Nuggets with Umami Sauce
OccasionQuick & Easy
- 1 (16-ounce) block extra-firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup San-J Umami Tamari Splash, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1/4-inch) knob ginger, minced
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Place tofu in a resealable plastic bag. Add 1/2 cup San-J Umami Tamari, garlic and ginger. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Remove tofu from marinade. Discard marinade. Pat tofu dry with paper towels.
- Mix breadcrumbs and paprika together in medium bowl. Whisk flour and water together in a separate medium bowl until a thick paste forms. Dredge tofu in flour mixture, letting excess drip off, then into bread crumbs, coating evenly on all sides. Place in an even layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake, flipping tofu halfway through, until golden-brown, about 30-40 minutes.
- Serve tofu with remaining San-J Umami Tamari Splash and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Tip: Substitute gluten-free panko bread crumbs for regular panko bread crumbs and gluten-free all-purpose for all-purpose flour, to create a gluten-free Baked Tofu Nuggets!