- 1 1/2 lb beef sirloin, sliced and tenderized
- 1/2 cup San-J Umami Tamari Splash
- 1/2 cup calamansi juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp grated onion
- 1 large onion, sliced in rings (thick or thin to your preference)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
Combine San-J Umami Tamari Splash, calamansi juice, garlic, and grated onion in a large mixing bowl. Add the beef sirloin and marinate for at least 1 hour.
Heat a pan with oil. Cook the marinated beef for about 2 minutes on each side. Season with black pepper to taste. Remove the beef to set aside, leaving any remaining sauce in the pan.
Bring the sauce to a boil. Add onion rings and braise until soft and tender. Once cooked, remove the onions and set aside. Keep the sauce simmering in the pan.
Add a small amount of water to the cornstarch to create a slurry. Add the cornstarch slurry to the pan to thicken the sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
Drizzle the sauce over the beef and onions. Serve over rice.
Recipe by @itsforkandspoon.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Umami Tamari Splash
– Organic & Gluten Free
Organic • Non-GMO • Gluten Free •
No High Fructose Corn Syrup