Brussels Sprout, Fennel, & Orange SaladCreated by Carol Kicinski Back to all recipes
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved length-wise
- ½ medium Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small Fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 3 navel Oranges, peeled and cut into segments
- ½ cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup roasted and salted Pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons San-J Orange Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons Olive oil
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and have a large bowl of ice water standing by. Drop the Brussels sprouts into the water and cook until tender, 8 – 10 minutes. With a strainer or slotted spoon, transfer the Brussels sprouts to the ice water to stop the cooking and chill. Drain well.
In a large salad bowl combine the Brussels sprouts with the sliced onion, fennel, orange segments, pomegranate seeds, and pistachios.
In a small jar, combine the San-J Orange Sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil and shake until fully combined. Pour over the salad and toss to coat.
To make ahead; make the dressing and store in refrigerator, covered, up to 1 week. The Brussels sprouts, onion, fennel, and orange segments can be combined and stored, covered, in the refrigerator up to 1 day ahead. Before serving, add the pomegranate seeds and pistachios and toss with the dressing.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.