Back to all Recipes
Szechuan Crispy Tofu Vegetable Stir Fry
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
OccasionQuick & Easy
- 2 14-oz packages extra firm tofu
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, deveined, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup San-J Szechuan Sauce
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Wrap the tofu in a clean tea towel and place something heavy on top (like a heavy pot) to press out the moisture. Allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes, place in a mixing bowl, and toss with cornstarch.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat in a large skillet or wok until hot, add tofu, in batches, and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan.
- Add another 1 tablespoon oil, add the vegetables, and stir fry until crisp tender, 3–5 minutes. Add the tofu back to the pan with the Szechuan Sauce and cook, stirring gently, until heated through.
- Serve over cooked rice topped with green onions and sesame seeds.