- 5 cups cooked short-grain Japanese rice
- 1/2 lb sushi-grade or sashimi-grade tuna, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp San-J Citrus Tamari Splash, plus more for serving
- 2 Persian cucumbers, or mini seedless cucumbers, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 3 green onions cut into 1/8-inch-thick fine slices, for garnish
- sesame seeds, for garnish
Heat waffle iron until very hot and lightly coat with olive oil cooking spray. Working in batches, if necessary, add 1 1/4 cups of rice to waffle iron, and cook until golden-brown and crisp, about 4-5 minutes. Rice amount and cook time may vary; follow manufacturer instructions for best results. Repeat with remaining rice if necessary.
Meanwhile, toss tuna, sriracha and San-J Citrus Tamari Splash together in a medium bowl, until coated.
Top waffles evenly with tuna mixture. Top with cucumbers, avocado, green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with San-J Citrus Tamari Splash.
Tip: Sushi-grade or sashimi-grade salmon is flash-frozen and held at least -4°F or lower for at least 15 hours, or flash-frozen at -35°F for 15 hours. Sushi-grade or sashimi-grade salmon can usually be found at your local fish market. Feel free to substitute sushi-grade salmon for sushi-grade tuna!
Tip: Substitute 3 cups diced seedless watermelon for tuna to create a vegan-friendly recipe!
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Citrus Tamari Splash
– 93% Organic & Gluten Free
93% Organic • Non-GMO • Gluten Free •
No High Fructose Corn Syrup