Dairy-free Mushroom Cream Sauce with Umami Tamari
Special DietDairy-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
CourseSauce, Main Course
Main IngredientVegetables, Pasta & Noodles
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp San-J Umami Tamari Splash
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, plus more for serving
- 1 13.5 oz can full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- fresh parsley, for serving
- 16 oz pasta of choice
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- Warm avocado oil in a pan on the stovetop over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallot. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, sea salt, San-J Umami Tamari Splash, and pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, bring to a boil, then immediately reduce to a simmer on low heat. Allow to simmer for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat, set aside, and allow to cool slightly.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water. Cook to al dente, strain, and set aside.
- Transfer mushroom mixture to blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer back to the pan on the stovetop over low heat. Add reserved pasta water. Stir. Add pasta and toss to coat.
- Serve with a garnish of parsley and fresh cracked black pepper.