- 1 1/2 pounds boneless ribeye
- 1/2 cup San-J Sweet Tamari Splash
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp gochujang (look for a gluten-free brand)
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 1/2 cup kimchi
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 4 tbsp shredded carrots
- 4 tbsp microgreens or cilantro
- lettuce leaves optional
Wrap the ribeye in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to make for easier slicing.
Combine the San-J Sweet Tamari Splash, sesame oil, gochujang, garlic, and ginger, whisking well. Reserve about one third of the mixture for serving. Pour the rest into a bowl or large food storage bag.
Using a sharp knife, slice the ribeye very thinly and add to the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.
Using a vegetable peeler, peel the cucumber into long ribbons. Place in a small bowl, add the rice vinegar, and let sit while making the beef.
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and let it heat up. Working in batches, add steak in a single layer, being careful not to over-crowd the pan. Cook for about 1 minute per side. Set aside.
Add remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan, add the kimchi, and cook for a couple minutes just to get a little char on it.
To assemble the bowls, start with rice, then add the beef, kimchi, cucumber ribbons (drained), carrots, and microgreens. Serve with reserved sauce and lettuce leaves on the side if desired. Enjoy!
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Sweet Tamari Splash
– Organic & Gluten Free
Organic • Non-GMO • Gluten Free •
No High Fructose Corn Syrup