Back to all Recipes
Five-Spice Chicken and Daikon Soup
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free
Main IngredientPoultry, Vegetables
OccasionQuick & Easy
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp five-spice powder
- 2 lbs chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/2 large daikon radish cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups shiitake mushrooms stemmed and sliced
- 2 stalks celery cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup San-J No Soy Tamari
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Thai chilies seeded and thinly sliced
- Combine broth and five-spice in large pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer. Add chicken and cook until fully cooked and internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to medium bowl and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Shred chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Add radish, mushrooms, celery, carrots and San-J No Soy Tamari to broth mixture. Simmer, over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in shredded chicken until combined.
- Divide soup between serving bowls. Garnish with cilantro and chilies. Serve and enjoy.