Main IngredientPasta & Noodles
OccasionQuick & Easy
- 1 lb dry spaghetti
- 4 oz pancetta or bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1/4 cup San-J Umami Tamari Splash, plus more for serving
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- black and white sesame seeds, for garnish
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water; drain.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown and crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add butter and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown, about 5-8 minutes. Stir in garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add San-J Umami Tamari Splash, reserved pasta water, pasta and pancetta to the skillet and cook, tossing until the sauce coats the pasta, about 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Drizzle with San-J Umami Tamari Splash. Serve and enjoy.