Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
Side Dish, Salad
- 4 Sweet Potatoes medium, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Red Onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons plus ¼ cup Olive Oil use divided
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1 15 ounce can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Red Bell Pepper seeded and chopped
- ½ cup Fresh Cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper seeded, deveined and roughly chopped
- 1 clove Garlic roughly chopped
- ¼ cup San-J Orange Sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the sweet potatoes and onions on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, add 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, and toss to coat. Roast, turning once or twice, for 30 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and starting to brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
In a large bowl combine the cooled sweet potatoes and onions with the black beans, red onion, and cilantro.
Place the jalapeno and garlic in the blender and pulse several times to finely chop. Add the San-J Orange Sauce and ¼ cup olive oil and blend until smooth. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or cold.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
– Gluten Free