Cookouts, Entertaining, Kid-Friendly
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1/2 cup San-J Orange Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves cleaned and dried
- 2 cups napa cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas sliced diagonally into 1 inch strips
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped, plus one Tablespoon for garnish
- 1 cup mandarin orange segments
- Additional San-J Orange Sauce for dressing
Place flank steaks in a shallow dish or large resealable plastic bag. Add 1/2 cup San-J Orange Sauce and turn the meat to make sure it is covered with the sauce. Cover the dish or the plastic bag and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours, preferably overnight. Turn the steak over once to ensure sauce is marinating all the meat.
Heat grill or skillet over medium heat. Oil the grill or add two Tablespoons of oil to the skillet once heated. Remove the steak from the dish or the plastic bag and brush off any excess marinade. Discard used marinade. Cook steak for four to six minutes each side to desired doneness. Remove the meat from the pan and place on a cutting board. Allow meat to rest, covered with a piece of foil, for five minutes.
Cut the steak into thin slices, diagonally across the grain, using a sharp knife.
In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cabbage, snow peas, red bell pepper, green onions, cilantro and orange segments. Toss with additional San-J Orange Sauce for dressing.
Place the sliced steak on top of the salad and garnish with cilantro
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
– Gluten Free