Orange Chipotle Grilled Chicken with Citrus Salsa
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon San-J Orange Sauce use divided
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1¼ – ½ teaspoons Chipotle Chili Powder use divided
- 12 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, trimmed of any excess fat
- 3 Oranges medium, peeled and chopped
- ½ Red Onion medium, diced
- 2 Plum Tomatoes seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup Fresh Cilantro roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Vegetable oil for brushing the grill
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together ½ cup San-J Orange Sauce, olive oil, salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder. Pour into a large food storage bag. Add the chicken thighs and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon of San-J Orange Sauce, chopped oranges, red onion, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice and ¼ – ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder (depending on hot spicy you want it). Reserve.
- Heat grill to medium-high and brush the grates with oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. Pat the chicken dry and grill covered for 6 – 8 minutes per side. Serve with the citrus salsa.