Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
Rice & Grains
- ½ cup Wild rice
- ½ teaspoon Ground turmeric
- 4 Beets large
- 1 tablespoon Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Snap peas
- 1 Pineapple small, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh cilantro finely chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons San-J Orange Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon Ground cayenne pepper or chili powder
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Cook the wild rice according to the package directions. Add the turmeric to the cooking water and mix well.
Poke holes in the beets using a fork. Place the beets on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes then increase the heat to 400 degrees F and roast for another 25 minutes or until beets are tender.
Remove the beets from the oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Peel and dice each beet into ½ inch pieces.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked wild rice, beets, snap peas, pineapple, cilantro, sea salt and pepper. Add the San-J Orange Sauce and cayenne pepper; toss to combine. Garnish with the sesame seeds and serve immediately.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
– Gluten Free