Back to all Recipes
Orange Turmeric Wild Rice Salad
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
- ½ cup Wild rice
- ½ teaspoon Ground turmeric
- 4 Beets large
- 1 tablespoon Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Snap peas
- 1 Pineapple small, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh cilantro finely chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons San-J Orange Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon Ground cayenne pepper or chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the wild rice according to the package directions. Add the turmeric to the cooking water and mix well.
- Poke holes in the beets using a fork. Place the beets on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes then increase the heat to 400 degrees F and roast for another 25 minutes or until beets are tender.
- Remove the beets from the oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Peel and dice each beet into ½ inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked wild rice, beets, snap peas, pineapple, cilantro, sea salt and pepper. Add the San-J Orange Sauce and cayenne pepper; toss to combine. Garnish with the sesame seeds and serve immediately.