Back to all Recipes
Pecan Orange Sweet Potatoes
Special DietGluten-Free, Vegetarian
- Potato Mixture:
- 3 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 Tablespoons San-J Orange Sauce
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon GF vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- grapeseed oil or olive oil
- Pecan Topping:
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1/8 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon San-J Orange Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a steamer basket and steam for 8-10 minutes, until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare a 1.5 quart casserole dish with oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the San-J Orange Sauce, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs using a hand blender. Once combined, add the sweet potatoes and continue to blend until creamy.
- Transfer the sweet potato mixture to prepared casserole dish.
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar and San-J Orange Sauce with a fork. Add in the pecans and stir until the pecans are coated with the sugar mixture. Pour the pecan mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve warm.
Check out more side dish recipes.