Quick & Easy, Entertaining
- 4 bone-in pork chops (1 to 1 1/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 heads baby boy choy, washed, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1" pieces
- 4 green onions, cut into thirds
- 1 cup San-J Umami Tamari Splash
- 1-2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
Wash, dry, prep, and trim the bok choy, bell pepper, and green onions. In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, garlic powder, paprika, ginger, and black pepper. Set to the side.
Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel, rub with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and season on both sides with the seasoning mixture. Set to the side.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place a rimmed baking sheet line with foil in the oven so that it heats while you prepare the vegetables.
In a large bowl toss all your vegetables with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, ½ teaspoon of salt, and red pepper flakes.
In a small saucepan add San-J Umami Tamari Splash, chili garlic, rice vinegar, and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar. Simmer on medium heat to warm through.
Once the oven has preheated, pull the sheet pan out of the oven. Add vegetables, place baby bok choy cut side down, and nestle pork chops between the vegetables. Place in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes. Remove, flip the pork chops and brush with the umami dressing. Place back in the oven and bake for another 5-8, until the pork chops are cooked through (145°F internal temperature) and vegetables are tender. Serve with additional umami dressing.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Umami Tamari Splash
– Organic & Gluten Free
Organic • Non-GMO • Gluten Free •
No High Fructose Corn Syrup