Appetizer, Dips & Snacks
Quick & Easy, Restaurant Favorites, Entertaining
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp, defrosted, deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped green cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 tbsp San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 1/4 cup water
- San-J Umami Tamari Splash, for serving
Heat a sauté pan on medium heat. Lightly drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil to prevent sticking.
Remove the tails from the shrimp, add to a bowl and season with ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper.
Add shrimp to the pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, turning once midway, until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Remove shrimp from the pan and allow it to cool. Once cooled for 3-5 minutes, chop up the shrimp.
In a large bowl, combine the red and green cabbage, carrots, and shrimp. Season with the remaining salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce.
Remove egg roll wrappers from the package and add ¼ cup of water to a small bowl. Take one egg roll wrapper and place on a dry cutting board. Add the shrimp and veggie filling to the front third of the wrapper and roll tightly. Dip your finger in the water and moisten the edges of the wrapper after rolling to seal. Fold the edges in and place in an air fryer two to three egg rolls at a time, depending on the size of your air fryer. Ensure the air fryer is not too crowded or they will not cook properly.
Set air fryer to 400°F for 10 minutes. Flip at about 5 minutes. Remove from the air fryer when golden brown and crispy.
Allow to cool prior to serving and serve with San-J Umami Tamari Splash.
Recipe by @Looking_radishing
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Umami Tamari Splash
– Organic & Gluten Free
Organic • Non-GMO • Gluten Free •
No High Fructose Corn Syrup