- 2 cedar planks
- 1/2 cup San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp finely minced garlic
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
Soak the cedar planks in water for at least 1 hour.
In a deep saucepan, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and garlic. Bring to a boil then lower the heat and gently simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half and thick, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the honey, sesame oil, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Let cool for a few minutes. Reserve ½ cup for later.
Put the chicken thighs in a mixing bowl or baking pan and cover with the marinade, making sure the thighs are submerged as much as possible. Refrigerate until time to grill.
Prepare grill for direct and indirect heat and preheat to medium (about 400ºF).
Place the cedar planks over direct heat, close the lid, and grill them for 10 minutes or until they start to smoke.
Flip the planks over and place on the indirect side of the grill. Put 4 thighs on each plank. Discard the marinade. Cover the grill and cook for 15 minutes. Glaze with the reserved marinade and cook for another 15 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165ºF, glazing every few minutes.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Tamari Soy Sauce
– Gluten Free