Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Quick & Easy
- 1 14-oz package firm tofu
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 1/4 cup San-J Umami Tamari Splash
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- chopped scallions, for serving
- sesame seeds, for serving
Pat dry tofu with paper towel then slice tofu into ½” strips.
Heat a skillet on medium high heat. Once hot, add oil and tofu strips. Pan fry tofu on both sides until golden brown, about 5-6 mins.
Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the sauce ingredients: Umami Tamari Splash, garlic, water, sesame oil, pepper flakes, ginger powder, and black pepper. Stir well and set aside.
Once tofu is golden brown, lower heat and add sauce into the pan. Simmer for about 3-4 mins or until the sauce has absorbed.
Garnish with scallion and sesame seeds. Serve hot with rice.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Umami Tamari Splash
– Organic & Gluten Free
Organic • Non-GMO • Gluten Free •
No High Fructose Corn Syrup