Tamari Caramel Peanut Popcorn
CourseDips & Snacks
Main IngredientRice & Grains
- 8 cups popped plain popcorn
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp furikake
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup
- 1 tbsp San-J Sweet Tamari Splash
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Place popcorn, peanuts and furikake in a large bowl, big enough for stirring; set aside.
- Combine maple syrup and San-J Sweet Tamari Splash in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook by gently swirling the pan, but not stirring, until mixture reaches 235°F, about 8-10 minutes. Slowly pour maple syrup mixture over popcorn, while stirring to coat.
- Transfer popcorn mixture to a parchment-paper-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring popcorn every 15 minutes, until crisp, about 35 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature. Serve and enjoy.