Turkey Meatballs with Orange Cranberry GravyCreated by Carol Kicinski Back to all recipes
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free chicken stock, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ‐ 12 ounce bag fresh or frozen cranberries (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup San‐J Gluten Free Orange Sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Servings: 4 as an entreé; 12 as an appetizer
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Combine the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion flakes, parsley and 1/2 cup chicken stock in a large mixing bowl and let sit for 5 minutes. Add the turkey and mix with your hands until thoroughly combined. Shape into 2 inch balls (about 2 tablespoons each). Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium‐high heat and sauté the meatballs until browned all over, about 6 minutes. Place browned meatballs on a baking sheet and bake in the oven until cooked through, 10 minutes.
Add the cranberries to the skillet that the meatballs were browned in, along with the remaining cup of chicken stock, San‐J Gluten Free Orange Sauce and sugar. Cook over medium‐high heat until the cranberries pop and the sauce is reduced by half, about 7 minutes. Add the meatballs to the gravy and serve.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.