Udon Noodle in Tomato and Citrus Tamari Broth
Special DietDairy-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Main IngredientPasta & Noodles
OccasionQuick & Easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 (1-inch) knob ginger, finely grated
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp San-J Citrus Tamari Splash, plus more for serving
- 2 (7-ounce) packages udon noodles, frozen or dried
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- thinly sliced fresh green onions, for garnish
- Heat oil in medium pot over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, cinnamon and pepper, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add broth and San-J Citrus Tamari Splash, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, until flavors develop.
- Meanwhile, cook udon according to package directions. Drain.
- Divide udon between bowls. Ladle broth over udon. Garnish with cilantro, green onions and pepper. Serve with San-J Citrus Tamari Splash.