Dips & Snacks
Cookouts, Entertaining, Holidays
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large yellow onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup San-J Umami Tamari Splash
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, at room temperature
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- crispy onions, for topping
- chopped chives for topping
- fresh thyme for topping
Add butter and thinly sliced onion to a pan on medium heat, tossing together to melt butter and coat onions.
Once onions have begun to soften, add garlic slices and reduce heat to low.
Cook onions, stirring often until deeply browned and caramelized, about 35-45 minutes.
Once onions are caramelized, remove from heat. Stir in San-J Umami Tamari Splash and allow to cool completely.
While onion mixture is cooling, mix cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, salt, and pepper until well combined.
Fold in onion mixture, and an extra splash of Umami Tamari.
Transfer to serving dish, and top with fresh chopped chives, thyme, crispy onions, and a sprinkle of flaky salt.
Serve alongside potato chips, or toasted bread.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Umami Tamari Splash
– Organic & Gluten Free
Organic • Non-GMO • Gluten Free •
No High Fructose Corn Syrup