Quick & Easy, Restaurant Favorites
- 3 tbsp San-J Umami Tamari Splash
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 scallions, green and white parts, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, at room temperature, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tbsp neutral cooking oil (canola, avocado), divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
Marinate: Combine San-J Umami Tamari Splash, light brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and scallions. Season with salt and then stir in cornstarch. Add chicken and carefully mix the ingredients together until the chicken is fully coated. Set aside to marinade for 15 minutes or up to one hour.
Heat a large skillet or wok on medium-high and add half of the neutral oil. Add broccoli florets and sauté for 4-5 minutes until a slight char appears. Remove the broccoli, add the remaining neutral oil, and pour the chicken and all the marinade into the skillet/wok. Allow the chicken to brown for 4-5 minutes, stirring often to prevent any burning or sticking.
Gradually add the chicken stock. The sauce will begin to thicken as it simmers. Finish cooking the chicken through and then add the charred broccoli back into the sauce. Allow everything to cook together for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Serve hot with your favorite rice or side dish.
Recipe by @Glassofweinstein.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Umami Tamari Splash
– Organic & Gluten Free
Organic • Non-GMO • Gluten Free •
No High Fructose Corn Syrup