Vietnamese Plant Based Meatball Skewers
Special DietDairy-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan
OccasionQuick & Easy, Entertaining, Cookouts
- 2 lb ground plant-based meat
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro divided
- 1 (1-inch) knob ginger finely grated
- 2 tbsp San-J Umami Tamari Splash
- 2 tsp lemongrass paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- canola oil for brushing grill grates
- lime wedges for serving
- Soak six 6-inch wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix plant-based meat, 1/2 cup cilantro, ginger, San-J Umami Tamari Splash, lemongrass and sugar together in large bowl until just combined. Roll mixture into 18 equal meatballs and transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
- Preheat grill to medium-low heat. Brush grates liberally with oil.
- Meanwhile, thread 3 meatballs onto each skewer. Grill skewers, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and fully cooked, about 7-9 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro and serve with lime wedges.