Asian Chicken Thighs with Spring Vegetable Cauliflower RiceCreated by Carol Kicinski Back to all recipes
- ⅓ cup Rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Chili garlic sauce (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 teaspoon Grated fresh ginger
- 6 Chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- Spring Vegetable Cauliflower Rice
- 1 (12-ounce) bag Cauliflower rice (or 1 head cauliflower – see note)
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 Leek, white and light green parts, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 cup Shredded carrots
- 8 Asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup Frozen baby peas, thawed
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher or fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice (½ lemon)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Combine the vinegar, San-J Tamari Soy Sauce, honey, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce and ginger in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and allow to simmer uncovered for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
Place the chicken thighs in an even layer in an ovenproof skillet or baking dish just large enough to hold them. Pour about ⅔ of the sauce over top, turning each piece of chicken to coat well with the sauce. Position the thighs skin side down and cook for 30 minutes. Turn the thighs over, pour on the rest of the sauce, and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is browned and cooked through. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving with the spring vegetable cauliflower rice.
Spring Vegetable Cauliflower Rice:
Cook the cauliflower rice according to the package directions.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the leek and carrots and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the asparagus and peas and cook for another minute. Add the cauliflower rice and cook, stirring, for another minute or two. Add the salt, pepper, San-J Tamari Soy Sauce, sesame oil, and lemon juice and cook, stirring, just until everything is heated through and thoroughly mixed, about 1 minute. Serve with the chicken.
Note – If you are making cauliflower rice from a head of cauliflower, simply grate the raw cauliflower with a box grater or pulse in a food processor until it resembles rice. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.