Back to all Recipes
Asian Seafood Salad
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup lime juice divided use
- 1 pound mussels cleaned and de-bearded
- 1/2 pound medium raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound calamari cut into ¼ inch rings
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds and veins removed, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons San-J Mongolian Sauce
- Combine water with 1/4 cup lime juice in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the mussels, cover the pan and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the mussels have opened, about 6 minutes. Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Remove the mussels with a slotted spoon and place in a colander set over a large bowl.
- Reduce heat so that the cooking liquid is simmering, add the shrimp, and cook until they are opaque and curled, 30 – 60 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to the colander with the mussels.
- Add the calamari rings to the cooking water and cook until they turn opaque, about 1 minute. Remove calamari from the cooking liquid with a slotted spoon and add to the colander.
- Add all the seafood to a large bowl; add the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro. In a small bowl stir together the remaining 1/4 cup lime juice and the San-J Mongolian Sauce. Add to the seafood and stir gently.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Check out more Mongolian sauce main course recipes.