Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Vegetables, Rice & Grains
Quick & Easy
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend or rice flour
- 3/4 cup, plus 2 tbsp water, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, adjust to taste
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- sesame seeds
- sliced green onions
- cooked rice for serving
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray.
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, water, salt, and black pepper to make a smooth batter. The batter should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon but not too runny. If it's too thick, add a bit more water.
Dip the cauliflower florets into the batter, ensuring they are well-coated, and then place them on the prepared baking sheet. Make sure they are spaced apart and not touching to allow them to crisp up in the oven. Bake the cauliflower in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until they are crispy and lightly browned. You may want to turn them over halfway through the baking time for even crispiness.
In a small saucepan, combine the San-J Tamari Soy Sauce, rice vinegar, agave nectar, minced garlic, minced ginger, and red pepper flakes. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer over medium heat.
In a separate small bowl, mix the cornstarch with a couple of tablespoons of water to create a slurry. Add the slurry to the saucepan and stir well. Allow the sauce to thicken, stirring constantly. Once it thickens, 1–2 minutes, remove from heat.
Place the baked cauliflower in a large mixing bowl and pour the sticky Asian sauce over it. Gently toss the cauliflower to coat it evenly with the sauce.
Serve with cooked rice.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Organic Tamari Soy Sauce
– Gluten Free