Avocado Tofu Salad
Special DietGluten-Free, Low-Sodium, Vegetarian
CourseMain Course, Side Dish, Salad
OccasionQuick & Easy, Entertaining
- 1 pound extra firm tofu
- 2 medium Haas avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon San-J Tamari Lite 50% Less Sodium Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 small jalapeno peppers seeded, deveined and minced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- Drain the tofu and wrap in a clean towel or paper towels. To remove excess water, press the tofu for at least 15 minutes by adding weight to it. Once pressed, cut the tofu into cubes.
- Peel and seed the avocados, cut into cubes. Place in a mixing bowl, add the lime juice, and toss to coat. Add the pressed tofu.
- In a small bowl whisk together the San-J Tamari Lite 50% Less Sodium Gluten Free Soy Sauce, sesame oil, honey, and jalapeno and add to the avocado and tofu. Add the onions, cilantro and sesame seeds and toss gently to combine.