Appetizer, Dips & Snacks
- 36 Toothpicks
- ¾ cup Brown sugar
- ¼ cup San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Freshly grated ginger
- 4 ounces Goat cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup Chopped pecans
- 36 pitted Medjool dates
- 18 slices Gluten free bacon cut in half so you have 36 short strips
Soak the toothpicks in water for about 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil.
Place the brown sugar in a small bowl. Combine the tamari and ginger in another bowl.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the goat cheese with the pecans, mixing well. Stuff the dates with some of the goat cheese mixture, wrap each date with half a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Dip the dates in the tamari mixture then into the brown sugar, coating well. Place on the prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is crisp. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Tamari Soy Sauce
– Gluten Free