Back to all Recipes
Baked Szechuan Tofu with Ginger Green Beans
Special DietGluten-Free, Vegetarian
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu
- 2 Tablespoons + ½ teaspoon San-J Szechuan Sauce use divided
- ½ pound fresh green beans cleaned and trimmed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- Drain the tofu and wrap in a clean towel or paper towels. Press the tofu for at least 15 minutes by adding weight to it. Once pressed, cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes and place in a medium mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of San-J Szechuan Sauce and blend lightly until all of the sauce has been incorporated into the tofu. Cover tightly and marinate for 30 minutes. Prepare a baking sheet with cooking oil. Pour the tofu and sauce into the sheet and bake uncovered at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- While the tofu is baking, arrange the green beans on a separate baking sheet, and add into the oven in the last 10 minutes that the tofu is baking. Bake until the tofu is browned and the green beans are just tender-crisp.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil and add the garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and combine the green beans and tofu in the sauté pan, mixing well with the garlic and ginger. Add 1/2 teaspoon of San-J Szechuan Sauce and toss again to coat with the sauce. Serve immediately.
Check out more Szechuan sauce main course recipes.