- Mushroom Ragout:
- 32 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 3 teaspoons San-J Gluten Free Tamari
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- Kosher salt
- Beef Tenderloin:
- 1 3-pound center-cut beef tenderloin roast, tied
- 1/4 cup gluten free Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
Heat oil over medium heat in a heavy-duty roasting pan to make the mushroom ragout. Add the onions and sauté for three minutes. Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and cook for ten minutes. Stir occasionally.
Add the wine, San-J Gluten Free Tamari and rosemary and stir. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and place a lid on the pan. Simmer on low for one to two hours or until mushrooms are reduced down to one-third the original amount.
In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and cold water. Stir until lumps are removed. Add the cold cornstarch liquid to the hot mushrooms. Stir and the remaining liquid in the pan will thicken.
Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Tamari Soy Sauce
– Gluten Free