Quick & Easy, Cookouts, Entertaining
- 2 cups Uncooked Japanese short grain rice
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 4 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 lb. imitation crab sticks or crab meat
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted, halved, and cut into 12 slices
- 1/2 Persian or English seedless cucumber – cut into 6 long strips
- 3 sheet Nori (seaweed sheets), cut in half, makes 6 sheets
- 3 tbsp Toasted sesame seeds
- San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- Wasabi Paste
Rinse the rice in cold water and cook the rice with the water according to he cooking instructions.
Mix rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small pan and heat it until sugar and salt are dissolved or microwave it for 30 seconds. Let it cool.
Transfer the cooked rice to a large bowl while it’s still hot. Drizzle the vinegar mixture over the hot rice and mix it thoroughly in a folding and slicing motion. Be careful not to smash the rice. Let the seasoned rice cool immediately using a handheld fan or papers. Cover the bowl with a damp kitchen towel to prevent the rice from drying.
Lay a half-sized nori sheet on a plastic covered bamboo sushi rolling mat.
With wet fingers, spread a thin, even layer of 1/6 portion of the sushi rice all over the nori sheet. Sprinkle the rice with sesame seeds.
Carefully flip the nori sheet over so the rice is facing down.
Place 1/6 portions of the cucumber, avocado, and imitation crab at the bottom of the nori sheet.
Grab the bottom edges of the sushi mat and roll it into a tight cylinder.
Gently squeeze the roll over the mat. Put the finished roll on a plate and cover it with a damp kitchen towel. Repeat to make 5 more rolls.
Cut each roll into 6 to 8 pieces with a sharp knife. Wet the knife with a damp kitchen towel to prevent rice from sticking.
Serve the sushi rolls with San-J Tamari Soy Sauce and wasabi.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Tamari Soy Sauce
– Gluten Free