Rice & Grains, Seafood
- 1 1/2 cup sushi rice
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup San-J Organic Tamari 25% Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 12 ounces gluten-free imitation crab torn or chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 english cucumber diced
- 2 avocados sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves or microgreens
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 2 nori sheets
- pickled ginger
Place the sushi rice in a strainer and rinse under cold water until the water runs clear. Place in a sauce pan with water and bring to a gentle boil over high heat. Stir, cover the pan, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 16-18 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Remove from heat and let sit with the lid on for 10-15 minutes. Scrape into a bowl, top with ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar, and gently mix with a fork.
Combine the tamari with 1 tablespoon rice vinegar.
Combine the mayonnaise and sriracha. Put in a squeeze bottle or a sandwich bag (snip off one tip before drizzling).
Divide the rice between four bowls. In sections, place the imitation crab, cucumber, avocado slices, carrots, and cilantro. Combine the sesame seeds and sprinkle over the top. Crumble the nori sheets and place in the bowl. Drizzle the spicy mayonnaise over the top. Add some pickled ginger and drizzle with some Tamari. Serve the remaining Tamari on the side.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
25% Less Sodium Soy Sauce
– Gluten Free